Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Problem solving

Often when I deal with Holly, I think of my poor big sister dealing with Katie and think to myself, what have I done! Because as wonderfully sweet as Ms Holly is she is a handful like my darling niece and to make matters worse she has a little sister to follow her influence. I'm beginning to think God finds my life funny! There are times I can just look at Holly and see the thought she's putting into things and it scares me that she is going to be more clever than I am too soon and then what am I going to do? She has now discovered she can carry the little step stool from the bathroom all over and it gives her those much needed extra inches. If that doesn't work, she can push our step stool in the kitchen around which gives her access to everything. Anything I put on the counters to keep out of her reach she can now get to, which included the candy from her Easter basket (this being the reason she discovered this little trick).
Yesterday while I was waiting for Lindsey's bus, Holly and I were out picking weeds in the yard and I turned around and she was gone. It scared me to death. She had seen a cat under the neighbors (two houses down) car and needed to go see it! She was all the way across the next door neighbors drive when I caught her. It's no wonder her and Katie are such good friends, they are very similar!

2 comments:

Leanne said...

Like me, you had it way to easy with the first child so this one's making up for it. Whatever you do, never say never. My child will never... If my child ever...I would do this or that. It all comes back to bite you in the butt. The good thing is they are both dang cute!!

dlriley said...

What a mess. Keep hanging in there babe, I think you'll out last her.