Wednesday, April 1, 2009

reading

I'm reading the Chronicles of Narnia and have just finished the Voyage of the Dawn Treader. The ending was my favorite part because C.S. Lewis really amazes me, so I thought I'd share!
"Oh Aslan" said Lucy, "Will you tell us how to get into your country from our world?"
"I shall be telling you all the time," said Aslan, "But I will not tell you how long or short the way will be; only that it lies across a river. But do not fear that, for I am a great Bridge Builder."

2 comments:

dlriley said...

I have not read all The Chronicles of Narnia. I need to do that. I understand that they are wonderful. I remember tht Leanne and Jesse read them to the kids when they lived. It was their night time story. Good for you!!! I love it.

Leanne said...

That is a beautiful quote. I remember reading that part and it just made me cry. Reading it again makes me cry. CS Lewis was a great writer with beautiful insight.