Thursday, April 9, 2009

I love being mommy!

I really love being a mom! Most days my daughters make me a little crazy but I get a lot of laughs! Since I have been sewing so much, I have just been leaving my sewing stuff out. I always pick it up off the floor and put it on the table to keep my darling Holly from being tempted. It turns out that she's grown though and can now reach the things on the table if I don't place them far from the edges! She has also, to my horror, grown tall enough and talented enough to climb up in the chairs and onto the table! I know this because I saw her do it today. I believe mom is correct I need to secure the cough syrup or she my turn out to be more like her mom! She has also become quite fascinated with my pin cushion, which is a little basket. I catch her regularly trying to carry it off. Well, today while I was cooking dinner Holly managed to get my little basket pin cushion, which was on the table, and take it over to the couch. When her daddy went to retrieve her for dinner she had pulled out about half of the pins and stuck them in the couch cushion. I'm just grateful she didn't just pull them out and set them down, at least this way they weren't gonna stick her! When he called me over at first I couldn't figure out what it was, it was just tons of little colored balls sitting on my couch, it took me a while to figure out it was the top of tons of little pins.
here is a picture of Holly running
from us, that is the typical view around our house

After dinner I asked Lindsey if she would like to go get in the shower, which of course she did. She's gotten really good a taking care of herself, so I helped her walk into the bathroom and turned on her shower and told her to get undressed. When I went back in, she had completely undressed herself and was about to get in the shower when I noticed she had forgotten her socks! I'm so proud of her she's making such great progress. She is now standing up BY HER SELF! From sitting to standing! And she is walking all over the place! I no longer go and get her when she wants mommy, I just tell her where I am and she comes! It's soo great!
As for my sweet Charlotte, she is already growing and breaking my heart! They don't stay little long enough. She's starting to become more alert to. She still sleeps an awful lot, but now she wakes up more to look around. It just amazes me how much they change.
Like I said, I'm really loving being a mommy right now, my girls fill my heart.
My sweet Charlotte, she keeps changing!

Oh and Leanne if you like that one, you'll love the one I did today.

2 comments:

dlriley said...

What darling little girls. I love that your a mommy.

Richard Barmore said...

I think being mommy is the greatest job in the world. I love my boys more than I ever thought I could love anyone.