Friday, March 6, 2009

Single minded

Lindsey's dress
I get a little bit of a one track mind when I start a project because I always know that if I could just work on it a little bit more I could finish it. Plus I love finishing a project I love the feeling of completing something! So I went to Hobby Lobby yesterday (I love Hobby Lobby) and got the material for the girls Easter dresses. I knew I couldn't work on them until I finished Kyle's apron, which I promised him a long time ago, so I got busy. I finished his apron and Lindsey's dress yesterday and started Holly's and have been sewing all morning! Well, I did it, I finished their dresses. Charlotte's is the tiniest dress I've ever made, it's actually a baby dolls dress because they just don't make patterns that small! I'm just hoping it will fit her!

Charlotte's dress
(to give you an idea of how small it is that's my ironing board that it's laying on and it doesn't even make it across)
Charlotte's bloomers! They're ruffle bums!~
Holly's dress
I've got to find a onsie to go under it. She's such a tiny little thing (this is the pattern for 18-20 lbs).

3 comments:

dlriley said...

Wow, those are just so cute!!! That Holly is a tiny little girl isn't she. And Charlotte's, oh my....Can't wait.

Leanne said...

How cute. I love that you are dressing them all alike. I remember when mom used to do that to us, but I hated it. Lindsey probably won't mind too much, ya think.

Laura said...

I'm so jealous- I can't remember anything about what my mom taught me about sewing and now that I have a kiddo, I really want to sew stuff. The dresses are very cute. Every time I see a picture of Holly, I can't believe how much she looks like you.