Thursday, January 29, 2009

My ten things

It's taken me a while to decide to actually do the ten things about myself because honestly I can't think of then things about me. So here goes
1. I am the defender of all unseen. If you want to talk about someone in my presence please be aware that I will defend that person, whether I agree with them or not, just simply because they are not there to defend themselves. Most people hate this about me, but I just can't help it. I even do it when I talk bad about someone I eventually take there side in my conversation so they are equally represented too, so it's not just you.
2. I am a Pride and Prejudice/Twilight/Harry Potter addict. I've read all the books not once but several times and I can't read to many books in between with out going back to my Mr Darcy/Harry Potter/Twilight characters. I will continue to read them over and over and be completely in love with the stories every time. They never get old to me, and I love the world they allow me to escape into. This by the way drives my husband nuts!
3. Shoes and socks are my enemy! I will do absolutely everything I can to avoid wearing shoes and socks. As soon as I come in the door they are off and do not go back on until I'm actually going somewhere. Sometimes I will actually put my slip on shoes on with out socks simply because I don't want to.
4. I think I love things to much. When I find a movie I like I watch it over and over until I'm sick of it. Same with the books mentioned above, food, and anything really. If I love something I think I cling to it until I find my next thing to love!
5. I watch King of the Hill. I used to criticize adults who watched cartoons but I have become one of them. I don't do the Simpsons of Family Guy because those are tacky, but King of the Hill has actually become one of my favorite shows. Just because they really do have Texans in the right light. Plus Hank Hill just is one of those guys you know, good ol' boy that wants the world to be a good place and is loyal to his idiot friends.
6. I prefer to wear pj's all day if I'm not going anywhere. I just feel like I'm making more laundry by getting dressed when I have no where to go. I feel like I'm saving water and energy by taking a shower and putting on different pj's for the day that way I have one less pair of clothes to wash. Maybe this is just my being lazy but I justify it as saving! LOL
7. I have a horrible temper. When I get mad I just loose control and I can feel it happening I know I'm being irrational but I can't stop it. I just literally loose it, and all doors, and walls are in serious trouble. It's something I'm working on.
8. This is my darkest confession, but I think I have a favorite child right now. I don't think I love one more then the other, because I love them both so much it makes my heart ache, but I've had Lindsey for so long and Holly is so new that right now she is my favorite. Plus she just has so much personality I don't know how to handle it. I also attribute it to the fact that with Holly I'm having to be a completely different mom and so she is my first child all over again and how do you not just absolutely love your first child? Not that I don't love Lindsey because she is my absolute angel, but there it is. Does this make me a bad mom??? IDK
9. I hate confrontation! You really have to do something to make me super mad to get me to come out and say it, otherwise I just push it aside because I always feel like me telling you could be so much worse than you not knowing. But if you ever push me far enough, refer back to 7 and I apologize.
10. I have a hard time feeling wanted. I know that a lot of people love me but in my head it really doesn't stick. I don't know when this started but I've been like this a while.
So there it is, me in a nut shell!

5 comments:

dlriley said...

Wow, good list. Let's see I knew about most of it but I was surprised that you feel unwanted and as far as having a favorite child, I understand that completely. Each of you have been my favorite at different times, it still goes on today. I won't tell you what it is that makes you my favorite at whatever moment it is but it happens, I try hard to hide it because I would never want the rest of you to know and feel less than the one, I love you all soooooo much that like you say 'my heart hurts'. There are just those moments that just like a song I love you are my favorite. So not to worry sweetheart, it doesn't make you a bad mom. I guess that's one of the reasons that they say it takes a village to raise a child because there is always someone around that thinks your the best.

Leanne said...

I knew it, MOM!!! I knew you had favorites. And it's almost always Kisha but sometimes it's Lindsey.

House of Girls said...

OH Leanne your so full of it!

Leanne said...

Spoken like the true favorite.

Barmore Family said...

Ok I was going to say that Kisha took half of my list. I guess we are a lot alike. I am still trying to figure out what I am going to confess to. Leanne, you make me laugh.